One evening, I was talking to Sam M when, from the other room, I heard the crash of glass breaking and my brother saying the words that are uttered when something is broken. Intrigued by the thought of my brother getting in trouble, I went into the room of the accident to find my brother standing under a book shelf looking at the ground with a look of horror on his face. The excitement of my brother getting a tongue lashing quickly faded to a sort of abraded/irritated disappointment (I am not quite sure what word to use so if you come up with a better one let me know). My brother, in an attempt to put a book back on the bookshelf in the girls room, knocked a fish bowl with a bunch of rocks in it (no water thankfully) off the shelf. In the resulting fall, the bowl broke on the floor releasing river rocks and shards of glass.
As we all know (and my brother found out), every action must have a reaction. The inevitable reaction to the one I have seen fit to regale you with would most certainly be my sister going into a fit and there being shouting and accusations and the like. Then, before my sister reacted, my mother came in and discovered that the fish bowl had been used as a bookend for the past several months.
Once this knowledge became evident to the rest of the family, my sister announced, “I am surprised that it broke. It has fallen down three or four times already and did not break”. I was so shocked that I blurted out, “You knew that it had already fallen and that it would probably fall again? You are a retard to the third degree!”
Our Advent Ritual
9 years ago
2 comments:
Hahaha nice brother you got there, heheh;P
Yeah! you got a blog on blogspot!
I have heard some really awesome things about your posts on HSA. So don't let us down now!;)
Post a Comment